What is BFAST proposing?
Proposed Operating Budget Initiatives:
1. Restore minimum 30-minute service and add more buses in Burlington’s growing northeastern community.
2. Create a new bus route along Upper Middle Rd. from Brant St. to Burloak.
3. Install info-display sheets with routes and scheduled times at all BT bus stops. We have seen riders waiting long periods at bus stops when there was no service.
4. Guarantee trip times on the base routes (1, 2, 3, and 10) to 15 minute headways throughout the day.
Proposed Capital Budget Initiatives:
1. Acquire a modern dispatch system to enable BT to know at all times where its buses are on their routes and to direct timely adjustments. (Oakville Transit provides a good model).
2. Replace all buses older than 12 years. We understand that most transit systems replace their buses by 12 years, if not earlier. This will reduce maintenance costs and increase reliability and passenger comfort.
3. Add new buses to allow for increased service levels, and build in back-up capacity in case of breakdowns and accidents.